Wednesday, June 4, 2008

so tired that i can't sleep (aka, summer is already becoming crazy...and it's only June 4) *UPDATED*

So here I sit at 12:22 am...exhausted...but can't sleep. And I think at least some of it is due to so many "items" on my list... Some are family related, and not bad or anything...but just trying to "do my part" despite the fact it's summer and I'm busy. Missy's teaching test is soon, for example, and that makes our family schedule tough to nail down as she studies, etc. I also need to find time to visit my sister and nephew (I've only seen him once!), as well as my 91 y/o Granny as much as we can. Some are youth-ministry-responsibility and "lots of big stuff on the horizon to organize" related...lock-in Friday; first mission trip coming up in a week-and-a-half (and having some "iffy" feelings about it for some reason...foe example, I am in charge of worship...and as is often the case when several different Methodist churches gather, they are ALL OVER the board theologically...we tend to run on the conservative side...but every year, at least one church seems to barely even believe in orthodox Christianity and gets all in a tizzy...praying for peace and courage!), another mission trip (that I am directing) in late July that, because of all this other stuff, I have done a poor job getting prepped for; really spending time trying to train, encourage, and raise up teen leaders to take true ownership in our ministry, and it is going well, but still will require lots of planning, practices, brainstorming, and above all, time; and along those lines, continuing to head toward a re:boot of our Sunday evening stuff this fall. And then you always have that "other" stuff out there that you just don't know what to do with...the "what-if's?" of the future, not knowing what God is up to, etc.

So, just a bunch going on, and for some reason, it seems like alot more than usual... What do I do with this? Keep seeking balance, peace, and make sure my faith stays at the forefront... Tough to do, but I know folks will be praying for me (I know some already are...thanks!).

PS: I also think I'm getting sick...sore throat, "icky" feeling, etc...

UPDATE: So I ended up falling asleep at like 2:15...and Jax woke up early (6:55 am). I obviously chose to sleep instead of walk (2nd day in a row...C'MON, BEN!!! But, the walking is still doing wonders, BTW...haven't weighed in a couple days, but last time I was 182...creeping close to the sub-180 threshold I have only been to ONCE post-marriage, in the summer of 2006 for like 2 days haha.), but despite the lack of sleep (and I BETTER get some good rest before Friday or I'm really in trouble for the Lock-In), as often is the case, this post was quite cathartic, almost like a prayer, and despite the fact that there IS alot on my/our plate...I feel better, more at peace, and motivated...so woohoo God for helping ease my mind...

My throat is still hurting though :-(

No comments: