Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Granny ROCKS

If you have known me for like, oh, over 5 minutes, you know that I love my Granny. You probably already know some stories, usually about her funny phrases, spunky persona, or her, um, famous "gas" issues.

Well, at the age of "nearly 91", her body is giving out, and is now in hospice care at her home. She has had such an amazing life. I am not so much sad as I am grateful and honored to have had a grandmother like her for 33+ years of my life, and that she has known my wife Missy for over 7 and my son Jax for almost 4...I barely remember (more images and stories) any of my great-grandparents, but I do remember things from when I was Jax's age so I am hopeful he will always have some memories of Granny.

If I am struggling with anything, it is just the realization that an era of my life is truly coming to an end...my childhood. I know, I know...I'm coming up on 34, and I'm supposed to be "grown up", but this is my last grandparent and major link to a more carefree time...and I will miss her.

Thank you, Lord, for Granny! Please make whatever time she has left be relaxing and joyful as many folks love-on her, visit her, etc...

No comments: