Thursday, June 5, 2008

Proud of our Youth Band!

I just want to salute the folks in ParadigmShift, the youth worship band at our church. They have been working their TAILS OFF getting songs prepped to lead worship at our mission trip to Fayetteville, AR, in a bit more than a week. It has always been a fun group in its' various permutations, but for some reason, it seems like things are "clicking" really well. My hope is that their motivation is truly based on a desire to give God all the glory, and from conversations I've had both corporately and individually, it seems like it is.

Some songs being learned are simply for fun or to set a "mood" (Like, "Sadie hawkins Dance" by Relient K...basically just a good jumpy song to play as folks are arriving at an event), but some are almost giving me chills...in a good way. Today we did a couple new songs (for us), and it was almost like practice itself was meant to worship God with all our might (I mean, I know it ALL should be...but sometimes practice, for better or worse can seem like...well, practice...but today, it was another level...AWESOME!). Songs like "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman or "Give Me Jesus" by Jeremy Camp were just so moving...so what I needed...I am praying that God speaks through the lyrics and arrangements as we worship in song at mission trip...and that we are singing/playing loudly (and sincerely) back to him!

No comments: