Wednesday, June 25, 2008

not dealing with stress well (and I keep messing up...)

Well, the stress is getting to Missy and I. Just so many things going on...I won't list them (some of you probably know them). hard part is Missy and I deal with stress in different ways. When I am stressed, I need people, afirmations, etc. I want to be social. Missy is the opposite: she wants to be left alone. Now, when one or the other is stressed (but the opposite person is not), we do alright as nearly 7 years of marriage experience kicks in and we just push through. But when we are both stressed (like now)...it gets interesting. I get clingy, she wants to be left alone. I end up feeling unloved, and she ends up feeling smothered.

We know much of it is due to the "season" we are in, but it is tough. It is hard to find a middle ground.

Add to that several areas lately I feel like I'm "dropping the ball" in, and you can imagine it's not helping things...

So, prayers for patience, perseverance, wisdom, humility, etc. would be appreciated!

1 comment:

rattrav said...

praying for you. and if you need anything more tangible from us, let me know. maybe an escape down to austin for some R&R. there would be free childcare in it for ya.