Friday, March 23, 2007

NCAA Sweet Sixteen, Day One

Well, last night was darn exciting, even if I dare say maddening that the Texas A&M Aggies lost (and if you know me, you KNOW how strange of a statement that is coming from me...). I missed the first half, but it looks as if an "iffy" technical called on Coach Gillespie, a foul I did not agree with late in the game (I could be wrong, I am not really a basketball guy), and some strange timing issues (was it just me...or did the score-table guy mis-read the "two" from the ref as, "change the clock to 2.0 seconds" instead of, "take two-tenths off the clock (resulting in a slightly better 2.9 left)?") are what lost this game for the Ags. Oh well, that is how sport is. On other days, they will get all the "calls"...

So, while I got (from my original, pre-tourney picks) 3 of 4 right last night, at best I can only pick up one tonight, for a possible 4-of-8 right in the Elite Eight.

No comments: