Tuesday, July 1, 2008

things i've learned lately in no order

*** Stress can make people really do strange things

*** Jax really loves wave pools

*** When times are "interesting", God somehow gives us the strength to keep going, do what needs to be done, etc., but we need to know it's there...

*** My wife Missy is a hoss and is more selfless than I give her credit

*** In many cases, toward the end of someone's life, you just have to "forget" what is going on, how they are acting, etc., and choose to remember the "real" them instead...aka take things with a grain-of-salt...

*** I have to be careful and seek balance in tough times...easy to let things "slide" that don't need to...or even forget some things altogether (why I always need to remember the second point above...)

*** Always thank folks for being so understaning of your "crud" that you can't help...but try to not take them for granted (I hope I'm not...)

*** Almost-4-year-olds have alot of energy at the worst moments sometimes!

*** Almost-4-year-olds have alot of love to give at the right moments sometimes!

*** Be grateful. At all times.

*** Seek first the Kingdom of God... (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=6&verse=33&version=31&context=verse)

*** Teens can really wow you at times...just when you start wishing they "got it" a bit more...

*** Teens can really make you scratch your head sometimes...because you thought they "got it" a bit more...

*** I really miss my wife when she's been gone for a few days

*** Chuck Norris jokes crack me up..whoever started that craze is greatness!

*** God is Good, all the time...all the time, God is Good (thanks Cyndi for making that a "mantra" for all of us to remember, believe and LIVE!)

Oh God, I love you and thank you for life, for love, for everything. help me to be grateful in all things. help me to serve You alone as a husband, father, friend, pastor, and human. Remind me to remember the forgiveness you have given to me, a messed up dude. help me to truly repent and turn 180-degrees from sinful attitudes, actions, thoughts, desires. Let me revel in the strength and rest you provide. Muchas gracias for all blessings you bestow. Woohoo and amen!

No comments: