Saturday, July 26, 2008

home again!

Well, my apologies for a blogging lull. One of the craziest months in memory (for our little family) appears to be over...not a bad thing (and I'm including Granny's passing in the "not bad" arena...but wow just lots of stuff!) So, some random musings...

*** Lufkin CTCYM trip ROCKED! Amanda Sargent was an INCREDIBLE Program Director (like, so gifted...). I've been around some good ones, but Amanda...you were perfect. I am grateful... My friends Cyndi and Julia were also on leadership (Lead Cook and Administrative Assitant, respectively) and hit grand slams. It is always an honor and joy to serve alongside them... But most of all God was very evident to all of us. Brad Yates (who has given us a new verb, "Yatesing", aka, "going and getting free stuff, info, etc. from ANYONE and making good things happen"...he truly qualifies as a beautiful human being) had never been on a junior high trip, and his admitted reservations were abated, even telling me, "I even think these jr. highs worked harder and did more than our sr. highs." Brad went on Sr. high last month as Worksite Coord. with 24 teams, 5 workdays, and they completed 30 sites... Our jr. highs? 7 teams (and two were essentially combined...so almost like 6 teams), only 4 workdays...and 19 sites completed...WOW. Essentially a 3-sites-per-team completed average vs. 1 per...and the sites were NOT easy. Woohoo!

*** had the best time ever with my "muses": Julia, Amanda, and Lorinda. More inside jokes than I can remember... "for Jesus!" You know it!

*** Jax and I are rockin' the wonder that is the "pillow fort" this morning. 'Nuff said. So fun...

*** A Davis Family Sea World Trip leaving next Sunday? Maybe? Stay tuned...

*** Finally, a busy week ahead (Center of hope Tuesday, Angus Beef Club Wed., general "start getting fall ready"-stuff, etc., and...)

*** Could I be immortalized on http://www.eastcoastbaseballroadtrip2008.blogspot.com/ after July 31? Stay tuned... Gray, howeth, and Josh, get ready...

No comments: