Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making Thunder...

As I've said recently (http://haphazardangus.blogspot.com/2008/12/great-song.html), I have been blessed by discovering the music of an old 80s band, The Call. Another of their songs has been flying through my head lately (even when I cannot help it!), called "The Morning". The part that specifically is awesome to me is what I suppose you'd call the "bridge" or "tag" (you know...that part about 2/3 through some songs that is structured differently than the rest of the song...musicians know what I mean):

I wanna run, I wanna shout, I wanna make thunder
Wanna know what kind of spell I've fallen under
Show me, show me
I wanna live, I wanna breathe, I wanna love hard
Wanna give my life to you
Lose me in you


I just love this cry to God. I hear complete, reckless desire to be God's. I especially love the lines about making thunder and loving hard. To love hard...implies truly choosing to love, being proactive in it, purposeful in it. To look for where God's love can shine through you and going for it... And making thunder? Not sure, but the wild man in me just thinks it sounds cool. Sounds William Wallace-esque. Maximus-sque. Aragorn-esque. You get the picture. While I am not always "wired" like those famous movie characters...I cannot deny that when I watch Braveheart, Gladiator, or The Lord of the Rings series, a part of my soul wants to "have what they're having", so to speak...a passion to do whatever it takes...to "make thunder" in this world in the name of Jesus...

No comments: