Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Not Another "There is a Big Day Coming Soon...Better Blog on It!" Post...

...well, sort of :-)

Today we go down to spend parts of FIVE days with my family in the Houston, TX, area. I will resist the obvious temptation to spend some words here challenging each of you to be truly grateful and thankful...and instead throw together a haphazard list of things I am grateful for so far this year...just how they come to me...

A renewed passion for scripture. Sad to say, I've been in quite a "personal scriptural study rut" for WAY too long. Oh sure, I open my Bible a lot...but too often just to prepare a message, do something for "work" (and I need to not look at it like that).

Missy (coolest wife anyone could ever want) and Jackson (my Padawan...yes, I think he is a Jedi in training).

Fellow sojourners that walk alongside me, challenge me, lift me up, etc., and this year, a special shout out to my "older sis" Cyndi Cantrell...thanks for being a friend who is always there for support, always keeping me on my toes, and not afraid to bring/accept "coffee peace offerings"...hahaha

My mentor, Tom Loughrey, Sr. You, sir, have so much wisdom to offer...

Parents that support, trust, are fun, etc...

And the bestest Gramma/Pops/Oma/Opa a little boy named Jax could EVER want.

Mother's Day with Granny...and when she went home this summer, a true celebration of an awesome lady, not a "cry fest"...

Great friends, like the Travis', Austin's, Morrison's, Julia, Andy Payne...

New friends, like the CTCYM crew: Amanda "Mandy" Sargent, Brad and Lorinda Yates, etc.

New mornings.

The teens and parents of First UMC, Weatherford. It is always an honor to be among you.

God's provision. I may not always get what I "want", but Lord, you always supply enough. I am thankful for food on the table, a roof, transportation, the ability to occasionally "get out" with the fam...

SEA WORLD/KERRVILLE TRIP. Two words: Awe Some...

The snow in March. Just when I thought Jax and I wouldn't have a "snow day" this last winter...BOOM! I think some of my favorite days EVER have been snow days...and they are so cool with The Boy running around with me.

That's all for now. Gotta fix breakfast and get ready to drive south almost 300 miles!

Have a great week! Blessings to all...

No comments: