Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Elevation ReBoot ReCap

Lots of "re's" in the title, haha...

Well, overall I am pleased with how our Elevation ReBoot went (aka, our re-worked Sunday evening event for teens at church). Did I have dreams of the RedHouse "workin' alive" (to quote my Granny) with teens? Sure...but even though it wasn't packed to the gills, there was definitely a buzz...and kids brought friends...and some teens who have NEVER come to Elevation (but come to church occasionally) were there and said they loved it. I really try to not be a "numbers=success"-guy, but I was pleased with the turnout, glad there wasn't just a couple kids there, and definitely think we started strong and can build on it. Worship/singing time went well (some new songs though, so not everyone sang...but still not bad), the "Heavy Metal Drummer Wake-Up" video was well recieved (I'm trying to post it here...if it will let me), and the message was timely ("Mailing It In"...basically, challenging us to give our best, our "firstfruits" if you will, to following Christ and try to not be so "meh", going through motions, etc...I know I have been there recently, if not really right now...), and I'm glad that the "on purpose" lots of hangout time allotted at the end of Elevation went well. If anything, things I will look to do this week are:

*** Either add one more "element", as we got done a bit earlier than planned with actual "stuff" (done with singing/message at 6:20...was shooting for 6:30), or just start the actual proceedings 5 or so minutes later...we will just see how it all goes in coming weeks.

*** Plan on a true "meal" (even if "come-and-go"), but have a "food fund" set up so kids can drop some cash to help pay if they are able... I have tried getting volunteers to provide food in the past, with varying levels of success (aka, often nobody signs up, it can get expensive, etc.), but could tell some were disappointed that there were only snacks...

At any rate, a good start to a "new" thing!

No comments: