Tuesday, December 25, 2007

God is good, all the time...

What a great Christmas. In some ways, it may be one of the most moving, proof-of-God Christmas seasons we've had lately. A few awesome things:
  • Missy got a job!!! If you read some old posts, you can see my occasional concern/frustration/lack-of-faith (and, at times, Missy's faith shining through) regarding my wife's unsuccessful job search over the past year-and-a-half or so. Well...search over! She has been a long-term sub at a local elementary school most of the Fall 2007 semester, and it looked like she would "at best" maybbe get hired next fall...maybe...and whammo, the principal last friday tells Missy he'd like to hire her now...WOOHOO!!!!
  • The Castle's (my in-laws) Joined us for Christmas!!! Out of respect, I won't go into too many details...but despite the fact it was the Castles' turn to do Christmas with us, due to some family issues, it looked as if we would not be spending Christmas with Jax's Oma and Opa. Well, the same day we found about about Missy's job, Oma calls and says they are kidnapping Jax for the weekend, and will bring him back later and spend Christmas Eve AND Christmas with us! WOOHOO!!!
  • Jax starting to "get it". First, and most important in the grand scheme of things, when asked, "What is Christmas about?", or, "Whose birthday is it?", Jax replies, JESUS! I know he is only 3, but I want him to always know the true meaning of Christmas. Second, on the, "not true meaning of Christmas" (but still kinda fun) aspect, "Santa" left him a very cool work bench with toy tools and a car he can work on. I was able to sneakily watch him as he woke up before all others, slowly approached the bench, examined it, and says (too himself), "Santa brought me this!" I know some don't like Santa at all, but dang that made me smile...

Well, a merry "rest of holidays" too all. We are off to Kerrville (and thus, no internet access) until Jan 1 or 2.

LATER!

No comments: