Saturday, December 1, 2007

One Year Ago This Month...

...I started this blog. I am so glad I did. I have never been a great "private journaler", and I bet some of that is because, well, it's just hard for me to be closed off about my life. I would be lying if there was nothing I keep close to the vest...but 99% of "me" is basically out there for all to see, warts and all. What can I say, I don't like playing games. Example: if you ask me, "how are you", and I'm really not fine, get ready for me to say, "Well...kinda bummed", for example. I may not unpack on you all my demons...but I really want to challenge our culture's obsession for just saying "fine" or "good" when in fact, you are hurting inside...



But sharing my thoughts for (potentially) all to see? It has been good for me. My version of a "journal". I has been a blessing for me to post thoughts, rants, joys, and some stuff out of left-field. I also think it's great that some of you have expressed that of my posts have made you think. Thanks to all of you (and I know of Mom, Dad, Missy, Aufu, Granny, Marja, Aaron, Jamie, Wede, Mark, Charley from IBC, Cyndi, Marty, Sherry, some folks reading a post I made on http://www.relevantmagazine.com/, etc.) for wading through all of this with me. I'm excited to see where God will lead in 2008!

<>< Ben Angus Davis

No comments: