Sunday, November 18, 2007

When We Just Don't Get It

I am a naturally half-glass-full person.

I am one who tends to see the good things in life and people.

And for some reason right now, I am just "done". And I really don't get it.

I mean, I can list off various reasons and excuses, but when I step back, it is all just whining and selfishness.

So it got me to thinking about all the things we take for granted, and as a result, neglect to thank God for all he does to care for us.

So forgive me Lord for:
  • Being quick to get frustrated when things aren't going "my" way
  • Just going through the motions lately
  • Placing my self-worth (and wanting to be "praised") at the forefront, and letting it affect whether I have a good attitude or not
  • For saying or encouraging some aspect of God's Truth, or an attitude, etc., to those I serve in my family or at church, then turning around and "forgetting it" in my own life
  • Not looking for Your hand in subtle things (as opposed to just the big things)
  • Worrying too much about what others think
  • Among other things I'm sure...

No comments: