Monday, October 15, 2007

Pigs are Surely Orbiting My House...

So my wife's favorite food in the world is sushi.

That above statement usually gets polarizing statements, from either, "Sushi is AWESOME!", to, "Raw fish (among other random sea monsters)? ARE YOU KIDDING???"

To this point, all I've ever been able to stomach (and it was only one bite, and it was "cooked" sushi) was some sort of eel sushi. Not any more...

Saturday was our 6th wedding anniversary, so like any good husband, I let the wifey pick our destination (ha). She chose Mikado in downtown Ft. Worth. I do like a good teriyaki beef or chicken with rice and miso soup, so I was game. As we were both digging in...I agreed to try some sort-of spicy tuna roll. Raw, ground tuna wrapped in seaweed, surrounded by rice, "garnished" by little orange fish eggs...

So here is my thought: It qualified as "interesting". You know, not the worst thing on earth, CERTAINLY an acquired taste, but I'm probably not going to beat down the door of our local sushi bar any time soon. Somewhat spicy (which helped), but cold and fishy... Yet, I ended up eating 3 of them, mostly because Missy ordered too much and kept saying, "Eat some, please. It's too expensive to leave." So I had two more... It wasn't awful, but let's just say I wish I had left at least one bite of my beef for the very end because I proceeded to burp "raw tuna" ALL NIGHT LONG haha!

But, somewhere pigs are taking flight, and I'm actually kind of impressed that I tried sushi...

No comments: