Thursday, December 7, 2006

and away we go...

haphazard: adjective: marked by lack of plan, order, or direction. synonym see RANDOM

...and thus begins my official entry into the blogosphere...

The word "haphazard" has always appealed to me for some reason. For one reason, those who know me can attest thatI absolutely have a "random" streak running through me. You just never know where I am going to "go" with something. Another reason is that I wish for a common theme in this blog to be that, well, things can go anywhere...God, music, fun, family, random musings, sports, none of the above, who knows. There may even be seasons where a common theme is found. I just want to make a statement that it could be anything...

That's not to say that I don't affirm "order". My belief is that there is a God who has created with Order. Whether you are one who is a strict Creationist (I'm speaking of the biblical Genesis account here), and Evolutionist, or an "Intelligent Design-ist" (somewhere in-between), I believe it is impossible to not notice the order, plan, and love that is God's creation.

Haphazard, then, does not apply to God. For me, it is more a personality trait, and even a bit of a "philosophy". Life is a mystery. We can glimpse bits and pieces of God's plan for us, sometimes more clear than others, but most of the time we are just on a journey, and anything can happen. This is exciting! We need to be better at celebrating the "who knows?" of where God may lead...myself included.

So, my hope and prayer for this blog is that it will celebrate the haphazard...all the while bringing glory to the One with a Plan...

1 comment:

Isaiah_Knew said...

I look forward to your posts.