Monday, March 24, 2008

My Heart Smiles...

I hope everyone had a wonderful, celebratory, reflective Easter weekend. Mine was really good (even if I'm still kinda whooped...but our church office is closed today so I can hang some today...). Friday did the annual Good Friday Six Flags pilgrimage. Jeremy Camp was excellent, and was very worshipful (a welcome departure from past Good Friday concerts, due to the magnitude of the day...). And pigs are flying: for the first time EVER, I voluntarily rode NO RIDES at an amusement park (if you know me, you realize that's pretty strange). Yet, it was a good day: great weather, good reading, music, conversation...

But, my heart is smiling so much due to the joy I have in relation to Jackson's response to our Easter gift to him: a children's Bible. Missy and I certainly drop the ball on our spiritual raising of our son more than we'd care to admit (especially since I work at a church, challenge the families I serve to be godly influences on their kids, etc.), but I have been pleasantly surprised to see Jax so excited to get a Bible. It's all he wants to read. Even can find the David and Goliath story without help. He got cars, clothes, candy, etc., as well, but it's the Bible he wants to be with (well, the candy is fighting for attention, too :-)). So happy!!!!!!

1 comment:

rattrav said...

doood you gotta listen to Matt's sermon from Easter. The last story about his toddler son ... wow!!! http://media.austinstone.org/